Graduate Teaching Assistantship
Grad Teaching Assistantship
School of Social Work
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
The School of Social Work seeks applications for a 25% Grad Teaching Assistant for the 2015 fall semester. The assistantship requires 10 hours per week and offers a tuition waiver. Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in pedagogy and embrace core social work knowledge, constructs, or values (i.e. social justice, diversity, leadership, empowerment, self-determination, poverty, child welfare, mental health, etc.).
Primary Position Function/Summary: This position will support teaching efforts in SOCW 410, Social Welfare Policy and Services. SOCW 410 meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-12:15 (Section E). Candidates must be available to attend all classes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and co-facilitating lecturers, discussions and actives
- Course Management
- Other administrative teaching duties as assigned
- Grading student assignments
- Proctoring exams
- Holding office hours
- Attending weekly meetings with lead instructor
- Facilitating on-line course discussions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previously taken SOCW 410 or equivalent (must provide syllabus)
- Experience with Compass
- Strong writing and critical analysis skills
- Social service practice experience, and/or prior teaching experience/knowledge preferred
Please email your letter of interest and resume to Dr. Karen Tabb Dina at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2015. Additional materials may be requested at a later date. This position will start on August 25, 2014. For further information about the assistantship, contact Jaime Waymouth at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu