BSW Degree Requirements
Professional program entry requires the completion of pre-requisites. The following requirements must be met for consideration for admission into the BSW program:
- Completion and documentation of a minimum of 50 (fifty) hours of volunteer* or paid work experience in a social service agency prior to the beginning of the program
- Cumulative minimum GPA 2.5 or higher
- Evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of personal attributes that are suitable for the profession of social work
- Successful completion of the application process for professional program entry
* Volunteer hours can be completed through service learning projects completed for course requirements as well as through volunteer experiences with community organizations. The Office of Volunteer Programs at the University is a good source for ideas on how to get involved.
Degree requirements include completion of 120 earned credit hours.
Complete information on all degree requirements for our undergraduate program is listed on the UIUC Programs of Study website, found by clicking the button below.