PhD Application Process
All applicants must complete a University of Illinois Graduate College Application.
The Graduate College application includes the following items.
- Personal statement
- Please describe your previous academic work in your proposed field of study and include a personal statement regarding your goals for graduate study and a professional career. Please also describe any relevant research experience and what you have learned from it, and other educational and life experiences that you feel are important and relevant. If you have specific interests in your proposed field of study or are interested in working with any particular faculty members, please tell us about them.
- Illustrative writing
- 3 letters of reference
- Unofficial transcripts from all educational institutions
- In order for your application to be complete you will need to have all official transcripts mailed to the School of Social Work, 1010 W. Nevada, Urbana IL 61801
- International Applicants must provide a TOEFL score. Minimum TOEFL score is 103.
- International Applicants must provide Proof of Funding Documentation.
Are you interested in applying to the Joint MSW/PhD program?
The joint MSW/PhD program is available to students that already possess a Master’s degree in another discipline but would now like to obtain both a MSW degree and a PhD degree in Social Work.
To apply to this joint program, please use the Graduate College Application and the guidelines above; you will choose the PhD degree as your program of interest.
Students applying to Joint MSW/PhD program need to complete the MSW Personal Statement. This statement needs to be emailed directly to the Admissions and Records Officer, Cheryl Street at email@example.com
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 15th, 2017.