PhD Application Process
All applicants must complete a University of Illinois Graduate College Application. The Graduate College application will open on September 1, 2018 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The Graduate College application includes the following items.
- Personal statement
- Illustrative writing
- 3 letters of reference
- Unofficial transcripts from all educational institutions
- GRE (WE ARE WAIVING THE GRE FOR THE 2021 APPLICATION)
- In order for your application to be complete you will need to have all official transcripts mailed to the School of Social Work, 1010 W. Nevada, Urbana IL 61801
- International Applicants must provide a TOEFL score. Minimum TOEFL score is 103.
- Additional TOEFL options during Covid-19
- International Applicants must provide Proof of Funding Documentation.
Are you interested in applying to the Joint MSW/PhD program?
The joint MSW/PhD program is available to students that already possess a Master’s degree in another discipline but would now like to obtain both a MSW degree and a PhD degree in Social Work.
To apply to this joint program, please use the Graduate College Application and the guidelines above; you will choose the PhD degree as your program of interest.
Students applying to Joint MSW/PhD program need to complete the MSW Personal Statement. This statement needs to be emailed directly to the Director of Graduate Enrollment Management, Cheryl Street at email@example.com
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 15th