- Be accepted into the MSW program and maintain good standing;
- Apply to the BHWELL scholars program and be selected;
- Pursue the clinical concentration; all focus areas welcome to apply!
- BHWELL scholars must take these courses (Spring semester before field):
- SOCW553 SW Practice in Healthcare Settings (4 credits)
- SOCW515 Integrated Healthcare Policy & Services (4) or SOCW513
- SOCW561 Special Studies in SW I: Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) (2);
- Participate in two Interprofessional Ed (IPE) trainings with College of Medicine;
- Recommended courses: SOCW 502 (MI/SBIRT) or 505 (CBT);
- Successfully match with a BHWELL-approved rural or underserved site;
- Participate in on-going (mostly online) seminars* during 2-semester approved BHWELL field placement, with emphasis on interprofessional, team-based, integrated behavioral health care and implementation;
- Be committed to working in rural/underserved area after graduation for at least two to five years.
* Field-based on-going seminars will count toward the Certificate and may be offered as one seminar course (SOCW 562 Special Studies II, 2 credits) and/or as Continuing Education Units (CEUs), TBD.