Case Manager – Foster Care
Childrern's Home + Aid
End date: 2017-04-24
At Children’s Home + Aid, Foster Care services are focused on providing intensive, collaborative services to biological parents and foster parents to ensure children have the best possible opportunities to thrive, learn, grow, and safely transition into young adulthood. Our dedicated staff go where the need is greatest. The work can be difficult and sometimes thankless, but if you’re up for a challenge and willing to work hard to improve the lives of children and families in your community, this might be the perfect job for you.
As a Foster Care Case Manager, your daily routine will involve providing comprehensive case management to a caseload of families involved in the child welfare system.
Case Manager responsibilities include:
- Assess safety and needs of children and families and plan services and/or link with community resources.
- Provide support to foster families to ensure needs of foster children are consistently and appropriately met.
- Engage biological families to assist them in strengthening parenting skills and knowledge.
- Monitor biological families’ efforts and progress towards goals aimed at family reunification, and document this progress in regular court reports.
- Provide testimony in Juvenile Court regarding the best interests of the children/family.
- Complete child welfare documentation within required timeframes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Child Welfare license and CERAP certification or ability to obtain licensure and certification within six months of employment required.
- Experience working with children and families.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle are required.
Compensation includes paid time off, as well as medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401(k) Employee savings plan. Children’s Home + Aid is an equal opportunity employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply, please go to: http://goo.gl/NfGKbb