School Social Worker
Chicago Jesuit Academy
Location: Chicago, IL
End date: 2017-09-01
Students who attend Chicago Jesuit Academy will be the next generation of leaders in the city of Chicago. Talented men and women who wish to be employed by Chicago Jesuit Academy must demonstrate a past and continued commitment to academic excellence, professional development and the best ideals of the Roman Catholic faith. Strong candidates are disciplined workers, compassionate listeners and tireless advocates for the children they serve. Most importantly, they recognize that Chicago Jesuit Academy will ask them to approach their work as a vocation and make substantial contributions of their time and talents in the service of the students of the Academy. The success of each Academy student hinges upon the determination and excellence of each staff member.
The School Social Worker is directly responsible to the Dean of Students and the Director of Social Work Services. The School Social Worker provides social work services to children and their families, and to the teachers and staff members within the CJA community. The social worker functions within the guidelines provided by Chicago Jesuit Academy to which he/she is assigned and functions in alignment with CJA’s priorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Job Functions):
The School Social Worker shall:
- Be responsible for the identification and assessment of social work services to students with social and emotional needs.
- Identify and assist students, families, and school systems in overcoming barriers that interfere with learning.
- Curriculum and instructional practices that support social and emotional learning programing.
- Make appropriate referrals to community agencies and perform follow-up tasks on student referrals.
- Provide assistance and/or input in conducting socio-developmental studies, and referrals for evaluations to Chicago Public School Special Education Services
- Function as a member of the student services and grade level teams as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide consultation to school personnel.
- Work within the school setting and the community in developing programs for schoolchildren and their parents.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
- Model the best ideals of the Roman Catholic faith as a “person for others” in the Jesuit tradition.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, including but not limited to one minor duty, such as proctoring breakfast, and one major duty, such as teaching a daily half-hour formation course or proctoring lunch/recess.
- Support the development of the Academy by sharing the school’s mission with friends and the benefactors who support the scholarship needs of Academy students.
- Masters Degree in Social Work Required
5058 W Jackson Blvd
Please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and background.