School of Social Work Employee Awards for Excellence
Eligibility, criteria, and submission requirements for each award:
- Dean’s Prize for Innovation and Collaboration
- Excellence in Mentoring and/or Advising
- Excellence in Public Engagement
- Excellence in Teaching and Pedagogical Practices
- Outstanding Administrative Staff Award
General Award Criteria and Procedures:
Selection Committee Composition:
It is recommended that a standing committee (with chairperson) be appointed by the Dean and Executive Committee to administer the faculty and staff award program. Generally, committee appointments should be made for a period of 2 year(s), with half changing each year. A representative from SSW Human Resources will staff the committee and assure the desired process is followed, deadlines are met, and awards are prepared and processed. Members of the selection committee will not be eligible for the award. The Dean will approve final recipient recommendations.
The initial committee could include:
- 1 year term: 1 tenure track faculty member, 1 specialized or field faculty member, 1 civil service or academic professional employee, 1 student
- 2 year term: 1 tenure track faculty member, 1 specialized or field faculty member, 1 civil service or academic professional employee
In addition to selecting finalists for the awards, the selection committee will be responsible for conducting an annual evaluation of the program to make adjustments to the descriptions and consider ways to encourage stronger participation from faculty and staff, if necessary.
A ranking system will be used. All committee members will rank finalists in each award category from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest). The nominee with the highest total sum of rankings will win in the award category.
Access the nomination form here:
*Please submit one nomination form per nominee, per award and upload the correct documents for the award in which you are nominating.