School of Social Work: Outstanding Staff Award
This award recognizes administrative staff for outstanding accomplishments and service to the School of Social Work and the university. The prize consists of a $500 award and a personalized framed certificate. The award will be processed by payroll, and will be adjusted up to account for estimated taxes.
- Any individual with a formal administrative role in the School of Social Work (SSW) is eligible for nomination.
- The nominee must have at least two years of service as a permanent employee of the School of Social Work by the nomination deadline.
- The nominee must have a good employment record.
- The nominee has not won this award in the previous 5 years.
The nomination should demonstrate how the nominee shows excellence in at least three of the following areas:
- Exceeds the demands of the position and workplace
- Promotes positive morale through a congenial, supportive attitude and by providing service to others
- Puts forth an effort to improve self as well as to develop and recognize others
- Exhibits initiative and creativity resulting in improved operating efficiency of the school
- Enhances the image and advances the mission of the school
- Contributes to their professional field by participating in professional societies, campus or professional committee work, and/or publishing
A nomination may be submitted by any member of the School of Social Work community. Nomination packets must include the following and should be formatted in 12 point Times New Roman or equivalent font; single-spaced; and with 1 inch margins. You will submit this information, along with a cover page, online at the link below (under “Submission”).
- A nomination letter (not to exceed 3 pages), including:
- A brief description (approximately one paragraph) of the nominee’s job responsibilities.
- How the nominee meets at least three of the six award criteria
- Two additional letters of support from any other current School of Social Work employees or students (not to exceed 2 pages each).
Complete nomination packets are uploaded online HERE by midnight, April 16, 2019. Nominations will be reviewed by the School of Social Work Awards Committee, with final determination made by the Dean. Awards will be presented at a year-end event.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com