Visiting Program Manager
Visiting Program Manager (50% FTE)
IL BHWELL HRSA Scholars Program
School of Social Work
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The School of Social Work seeks applications for a Visiting Program Manager for the grant-funded Illinois Behavioral Health Workforce Education, Learning & Leadership (BHWELL) HRSA Scholars Program. This is a 50% FTE 12-month academic professional appointment, reporting to the Project Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI).
The Visiting Program Manager oversees multiple program activities, provides effective coordination of program tasks, management of their inter-dependencies, and initial and ongoing coordination of grant requirements, including recruiting students, developing new field placements in rural Illinois, collaborating among investigators across academic sites, coordinating advisory board meetings, communications, and academic and project management tasks as they arise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the PD/PI, co-investigators, leadership team, rural outreach team, field office, and curriculum team to achieve program goals;
- Regularly brief the PD/PI on management, administrative, and implementation issues of the BHWELL program and maintain clear communication with the PD/PI on all aspects of program performance and implementation;
- Select and monitor use of communication tools for cross-site collaboration among BHWELL staff, co-investigators, and stakeholders;
- Develop communication materials and tools for BHWELL sites, rural healthcare partners, students, and field instructors in support of program goals;
- Set up and ensure successful implementation of Rapid Cycle Quality Improvement (RCQI) processes in consultation with the Evaluation Specialist, PD/PI, and teams;
- Actively work to identify opportunities and challenges in program output objectives and performance objectives and assist field staff and partners to meet program performance goals;
- Manage and track financial management of the program in order to comply with University and external funding agency guidelines, deadlines, and regulations;
- Participate in recruitment activities for the BHWELL program as appropriate and respond to student, healthcare organization, and rural community stakeholder questions about the program.
Minimum Education and Work Experience: A bachelor’s degree in a social science or management discipline. At least two years of experience in project management. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in grants management and program development is preferred.
Knowledge: Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills. All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and to the health and well-being of diverse rural communities. Knowledge of the School of Social Work and experience working with healthcare systems, rural organizations, and student populations preferred.
This is a part-time (50%), twelve-month visiting academic professional position. This is a grant-funded and renewal is contingent upon availability of funds. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. Position may become permanent, depending on funding and needs of the department. The proposed start date is as soon as possible after the closing date.
To ensure full consideration complete applications must be submitted by December 15, 2017. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three references. For further information, you may contact email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.