Master of Social Work
Our CSWE-accredited MSW program prepares you for advanced social work practice and for research in public and private agencies.
MSW Program Goals and Objectives:
- Obtain the knowledge and skills in assessment, intervention and evaluation of practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- Work with diverse populations (i.e., racial, ethnic, gender, social class, disabled, age groups, sexual orientation), and know the impact of racism, poverty, sexism and other forms of discrimination.
- Use research to evaluate policy and practice, apply findings to policy and practice, and develop research strategies.
- Develop and analyze responsive organizations, policies, and programs.
- Learn about human behavior in the social environment as it relates to the mission of social work.
- Analyze how values affect policy and practice and apply professional values and ethics with diverse populations.
- Adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics.
Attend an upcoming information session to learn more
Offers full or part-time coursework on the Urbana-Champaign campus to Advanced Standing students and those with undergraduate degrees in other fields.