As an alumnus of the School of Social Work, you are also a member of the School of Social Work Alumni Association. As a member of the SSWAA, you have access to special alumni events, networking groups, and opportunities to connect with the School. Check out “Volunteer Opportunities” for more information about ways to get involved.
What do School of Social Work Alumni Association Board members do?
- Advocate on behalf of the School of Social Work and the University of Illinois
- Contribute financially to the School of Social Work
- Encourage others to support the School of Social Work through advocacy and financial contributions
- Connect students with professionals in the field
- Attend quarterly meetings and represent SSWAA at events and programs
- Identify and select alumni for Board positions
- Choose recipients for Community Achievement, Outstanding New Social Worker and Outstanding Field Instructor Awards
- Develop and implement programs that improve alumni outreach to students
- Plan events and continuing education programs for alumni and students
- Advance the mission of the School of Social Work and support the purpose of SSWAA.
Members of the Alumni Association Board are an important part of the School’s success.
Board members are selected based on their interest and dedication to the School of Social Work and its students. Board members serve no more than two (2) consecutive three-year terms.
If you are interested in joining the SSWAA or know of someone you think would be great for this position, please complete this application form.
Contact Amy Frederick, Advancement Program Coordinator, for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.