Call for Papers – JUSWR
The Journal of Undergraduate Social Work Research (JUSWR) is the University of Illinois School of Social Work journal that showcases peer-reviewed undergraduate research and creative pieces from social work and related disciplines. JUSWR is an annual publication that provides a comprehensive forum for discourse on research and other forms of original work relevant to social work and current social issues. JUSWR welcomes submissions throughout the year.
Submission deadline for the Fall 2021 Volume 5 is June 1, 2021
Send submissions to email@example.com
Submissions considered for publication include the following:
- Original research articles
- Policy Analysis
- Literature reviews
- Poster presentations
- Creative pieces (artistic expression or multimedia presentations)
- Materials developed for Social Work or other social science classes this academic year or in the previous academic year will also be considered.
Prepare submission files according to the submission guidelines below.
- Email all submission files (including any supplementary materials to JUSWR) firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email subject header should be in the following format: JUSWR Submission Spring 2021 for (Insert your last name here).
- Primary author must be a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign undergraduate at the time of authorship.
- Submitted project concerns original research or original work.
- Submitted work cannot be published or undergoing review in another undergraduate research journal.
- Primary author must be willing to work with JUSWR editors in revising the selected or seriously considered for publication submission.
- Upon selection of a submission, author(s) must consent to journal publication.
Submission Preparation and Formatting:
- Submission must not exceed 15 pages, including all figures/tables and references. Please prepare a Supplementary Materials document containing additional accompanying text, figures and tables if additional space is needed.
- Submission text should be double-spaced with 12-point font and standard margins.
- Written works should be submitted in a Microsoft Word document.
- Writing should be clear, logical and free from typographical or grammatical errors.
- If submitting a creative piece, submissions should include a reflection or summary statement to accompany the piece.
- For all submission types: Include a 150-200 word, non-technical summary or abstract for the summary page.