Faculty, PhD Students and Alums to Present at 2014 CSWE APM
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) conferences help to promote and teach best practices in research and curriculum development through dynamic educational sessions, peer networking forums, and job-search opportunities.
The Annual Program Meeting (APM) is the pre-eminent annual meeting for social work educators, students, deans, and directors worldwide. Each year, the APM brings together more than 2,500 individual members as well as more than 400 graduate and undergraduate programs of professional social work education.
The 60th Annual Program Meeting will take place October 23-26th in Tampa, Florida.
Social Environment Matters for LGBTQ People Across the Lifespan
- Megan S. Paceley, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Elizabeth Holman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Karen Fredriksen-Goldsen, University of Washington
Immigrant-Related Factors Influencing the Service Use by Parents Involved in Physical Assault
- Pamela Pei-Ling Chiang, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Integrating a Community-Based LGBTQ Youth Research Agenda in Social Work
- Primary Presenter: Megan S. Paceley, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Presenters: Shelley L. Craig, University of Toronto, M. Alex Wagaman, Virginia Commonwealth University and Megan E. Gandy, Virginia Commonwealth University
Challenges and Strengths of Studying Abroad for Students From Traditionally Marginalized Communities
- Primary Presenter: Cathryne Schmitz, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Presenters: Johnnie Hamilton-Mason, Simmons College, Jean E. Balestrery, Mayo Clinic, Marcie Fisher-Borne, North Carolina State University, Mary Maurer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Christina Chiarelli-Helminiak, University of Connecticut and Billie Terrell, University of Saint Francis
Comprehensive Health Insurance Reform, Health Disparities, and Workforce Development
- Primary Presenter: James Herbert Williams, University of Denver
- Presenters: Laura Lein, University of Michigan and Wynne Korr, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
A Framework for Remediating Performance Issues in Field Education
Primary Presenter: Mary Maurer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Presenter: Carol Wilson-Smith, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Role of Community-Based Organizations Among Nonmetropolitan Gender and Sexual Minority Youth
- Megan S. Paceley , University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Amanda Hwu , University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
* Many additional alumni will also be presenting at the 2014 conference. For more information about this event, visit the CSWE website.