Lutheran Child and Family Services of Illinois
What We Do
Lutheran Child and Family Services of Illinois improves the well-being of people across the state by protecting children, strengthening families and building futures for those who have experienced trauma. We do this as a leading provider of a variety of child welfare services. LCFS is a welcoming organization serving children, individuals, families and communities of all faiths, races, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender expressions and gender-identifications.
Who We Are
- Champions in supporting children, youth and families throughout Illinois so they are able to reach their full potential.
- Dynamic and innovative leadership who believe in collaboration with their team of professionals and are revolutionizing the impact on services to families.
- A community which embraces and is committed to being WIDE (welcoming, inclusive, diverse and equitable).
- Impacting the child welfare community by addressing institutional racism and implicit bias to increase positive outcomes for children and families of color.
- Creating a culture focused on supporting families and ensuring all children find safe, loving permanent homes, particularly by reuniting them with their families.
Join the professional team providing excellent services to children and families!
Springfield/Decatur (most likely office in Springfield with travel in both regions)
The Adoption Program is in need of a full-time Adoption Worker who would primarily assist with Interstate Compact Assessments in the Springfield and Decatur areas. Additional responsibilities include services to adoptive parents and birth parents for private adoption. Work hours are primarily M-F, and appointments are scheduled with clients’ availability considered. Occasionally there is weekend work providing services to birth parents.
LCFS offers numerous services to at risk children and their families in their communities.
- We strive to make positive changes in the lives of children, their families and their communities.
- Passion for helping children and are looking to make a difference that changes lives we may have an opportunity for you.
- Interstate (ICPC) home studies for Illinois relative or parent placement consideration in Springfield, Peoria, Champaign, Decatur, and other areas as assigned.
- Preparing prospective adoptive parents for domestic and international adoption by completing home studies and foster care licensing.
- Providing post placement adoption services for families and adoptees.
- Social services to expectant parents considering making an adoption plan.
- MSW or BSW or Master’s or Bachelor’s in related social service field
- Possession of CWEL is a plus.
- Valid Drivers’ license that has not been suspended within the last 3 years and car insurance.
- mileage reimbursement per LCFS policy.
Interested applicants should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/29/22.
Come be a part of this challenging and rewarding environment!