Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is seeking an Assistant Site Manager to join our team. Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. From analysis to policy guidance to offering services to our communities, RPC’s people plan for people. The Assistant Site Manager assists the Site Manager with the oversight of day-to-day operations of the center and meeting the Head Start Performance Standards, Public Health Regulations, and DCFS Licensing Standards. An essential role of the Assistant Site Manager position is to provide vision and leadership to education staff in creating a positive learning environment where Head Start children gain the skills, knowledge, and attitudes that lead to future school success. Additionally, the Assistant Site Manager supports teachers and assistant teachers to become exceptional early childhood educators by engaging in their professional development, modeling effective teaching practices, practicing inclusion and civility, and implementing agency policies and procedures. Our culture requires that the Assistant Site Manager ensures a supportive, inclusive, and welcoming environment every day and fosters a sense of belonging and safety for staff, families, and children.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or equivalent degree with 30 hours of coursework in early childhood education or child development and three credit hours of business administration in early childhood
- CLASS observer certified preferred
- Knowledge of Head Start and other agency rules and regulations preferred
- Prior direct supervision experience with teams of 20-30 people preferred
- Previous experience with culture management and inclusion initiatives preferred
- Previous experience with recruitment, staffing, and operations management preferred
- Experience working in an early childhood program preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred
- Respect for the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Americans with Disabilities Act
- Must meet all requirements of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
- Ability to lift children
- Ability to travel to meetings, trainings and other work sites
- Effective oral and written communication, computer interpersonal and management skills necessary to supervise staff and relate to children, families and community agencies
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Pay Grade: 4
Schedule: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (M-F)
Starting Hourly Wage: $20.66
Position Vacancies: 1
The job description may be viewed at https://ccrpc.org/jobs/job-descriptions/ .
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, high quality programming (NAEYC Accredited) and great work environment!
Applicants may apply at www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs.