2715 N Central Ave.
2715 N Central Ave.
Type: Contract, flexible hours, FT or PT
CTS Health Services is a community mental health service center that specializes in a holistic approach to health and wellness for children, parents, and adults of varying circumstances and mental challenges. We provide one-on-one behavioral interventions for our clients and their support circles to help our clients navigate through life within their community at their highest level.
We are urgently seeking Bilingual (Spanish-speaking), passionate, authentic, and motivated individuals to provide mental health and behavioral counseling with an emphasis on prevention. The Behavioral Therapist will work with individuals and groups to develop treatment plans and activities to promote optimum mental health and behavior, help individuals and their support systems deal with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Behavioral Therapist, not limited to:
- Perform physical and mental assessments and behavioral screening of clients and update as required.
- Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems that causes certain behavior issues.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports with a high level of confidentiality.
- Counsel clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes.
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge and update as required.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police, and other relevant parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients or patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs, interventions, and clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Plan, organize and lead structured programs of counseling, work, study, recreation, and social activities for clients.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status.
- Learn about new developments in their field by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, and establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies. Discuss with individual clients their plans for life after leaving therapy.
- Gather information about community mental health needs and resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy.
- Monitor clients’ use of medications.
What you get as part of CTS:
- Flexible hours
- Growth opportunities
- Encouragement of creativity
- Holistic and supportive culture and environment
Educational requirements to be qualified as a Behavioral Therapist:
- Master’s Degree in a human service field (Social Work, Counseling, Human Services, Psychology, etc.), or
- Full or provisional Licensure Status (Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Provisional Licensed Clinical Social Worker (PLCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Professional Counselors Associate (LPCA), Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist (LCASA) eligible or Ph. D. (not required, but preferable)
- Behavioral Screening Certification (IM+CANS), if required (CTS will supply resource to gain certification)
- Bilingual (Spanish) (required)
Trainings and certificates required to perform duties as a Behavioral Therapist (will be supplied by CTS if not in possession):
- Behavioral Screening Certification
- CTS Health orientation
- Rule 132
- Service Definition
- OIG Rule 50
- First Aid/CPR/AED/Bloodborne Pathogen
- Client Rights
- Mandated Reporter
- Health and Safety
- Cultural Competency
- Workplace Violence and Safety
- Waste, Fraud & Abuse