Bilingual Outpatient Therapist (Spanish/English)
Family Services Association of Greater Elgin
RECRUITING BONUS: $450 – $1,400
Outpatient therapists at FSA not only provide individual and family therapy to the persons they serve, but also complete mental health assessments, treatment plans, coordinate care, advocate, provide case management, and help translate skills learned in the therapeutic environment into their natural environment. Most of the hours for this position take place in the evening and weekends. Must also have some daytime availability for occasional meetings and supervision.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide individual, group and family counseling to clients and their families
- Must maintain a service ratio of at least 80% for direct service to clients
- Respond to emergency/crisis/regular calls from clients
- Provide case management and care coordination on behalf of clients and their families
- Develop and conduct groups in line with the agency clients’ needs
- Attend individual/group clinical supervision prepared to discuss cases
- Report to supervisor on an on-going basis regarding problem cases, need for special services, agency coordination, and resource information
- Complete and meet deadlines for all clinical and administrative paperwork including on CIS
- Attend staff/program meetings, including Utilization Review
- Maintain clinical charts in compliance with Medicaid Rule 132
- Develop and present trainings to staff and/or community groups as assigned by supervisor
- Facilitate positive relationships with community service providers and/or networks
- Attend and participate in community meetings as assigned by supervisor
- Attend all clinical agency in-service trainings
- Meet agency/licensure training requirements and complete any related documentation.
- Provide training, support and/or supervision to new hires/interns as needed
- Participate in projects and/or other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Pursue and maintain licensure and/or certification that is available and appropriate to educational/professional background
- Perform incidental business related travel as needed
- Participate in agency Risk Management and Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Perform job responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Promote collegiality at the workplace by working collaboratively with others
- Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a normal office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen and hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Should be able to bend, stretch, reach, and lift up to 20 pounds. An individual in this position needs to move about inside the office occasionally to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- he work environment involves sitting most of the time in an office environment infrequently exposed to extreme temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.
- Should be able to climb steps and stand for extended periods of time while working in the community to meet with a consumer and/or his/her family.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Eligible for flexible spending plan, Simple IRA (where agency matches up to 3% of annual salary) and access to an annual training budget of $250. Eligible for pro-rated flexible holiday depending on average hours worked in a week
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling and be licensed/licensed eligible in Illinois, LCPC and LCSW preferred; LSW, LPC, or MSW required. Must be able to travel between sites; services provided at main site (Elgin) and may also include home and/or school-based sessions. Evening and/or weekend availability required. Bilingual in Spanish required.