C-U at Home is a grassroots ministry based in Champaign that encourages and mobilizes the community to house and support the most vulnerable homeless on their journey of healing and restoration. C-U at Home is a ministry for people without homes, focused on sharing the love and compassion of Jesus with those in need.
The Phoenix Daytime Drop-In center is the centerpiece of our ministry, bringing our friends without an address together with our friends from the community. The Men’s Emergency Shelter and Austin’s Place Women’s Shelter are vital community resources that assist our most vulnerable community members without addresses. The Case Manager position will assist our unhoused friends in identifying support systems with the goal of securing alternative housing outside of the emergency shelters.
The Case Manager should be a positive representative of the ministry of C-U at Home, as well as an advocate for those who are in a homeless situation. This position reports to the Managing Director.
The C-U at Home Case Manager will:
1. Be committed to the C-U at Home core values.
2. Possess a genuine compassion for and desire to serve the homeless.
3. Build relationships with our friends without addresses.
3. Oversee all intakes and assessments. Provide service plan development, linkage to appropriate community resources, and assistance with securing employment.
4. Remain calm under pressure and practice appropriate de-escalation techniques.
5. Stay in contact with ministry coordinators and other staff in order to provide wrap-around services.
7. Maintain organization of all data, documents and necessary records and paperwork and keep detailed case notes.
8. Keep an open line of communication with community collaborative partners.
9. Possess the ability to be flexible with an ever-changing group of friends without addresses.
10. Consistently engage in opportunities for self-improvement and continuing education.
11. Follow the guidelines, policies, procedures, and general philosophy of C-U at Home, including empowering vs. enabling.
12. Participate in all major events. This includes extra hours the four (4) weeks prior to and the week following an event, as well as full participation during each event.
13. Perform other duties as necessary to further the ministry of C-U at Home.
The C-U at Home Case Manager should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, or related field. Experience with marginalized populations and those suffering from substance abuse, mental health issues and homelessness is beneficial to this position. This team member should possess a high degree of professionalism and have the ability to multi-task and problem-solve efficiently and compassionately. This person should also have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel, E-mail, and Google Calendar, to manage and process data and work closely with the Managing Director to produce reports when asked. The Case Manager should have strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively and actively work with community partners to achieve the highest possible success for our guests.
This is a salaried full-time position with the need for flexible scheduling. The salary for this position is $34,000-$40,000 based on experience.
To apply and for inquiries regarding full-time or part-time employment, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.