Kankakee and Will County
Case Manager I, Aging & Disability Resource Network
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet
Kankakee and Will County
If you desire a better work/life balance and can work in a fast paced environment with excellent growth potential, we would like to hear from you.
- Conduct assessments with clients interested in obtaining supportive services over the phone, in office, in the community, or in local facilities or hospitals.
- Provide follow up as needed to ensure that interventions were effective.
- Provides intake, information and assistance, and referral for all Aging & Disability Services Programs and outside supports.
- Invests in provision of quality services and works cooperatively as part of a team.
- Complies with all agency, funding source, and accrediting body rules, regulations, and standards.
- Implements Aging & Disability Resource Network (ADRN) Services: a) Receives inquiries by phone, email, fax, and in person; determines what service or information is required; b) Completes intake process for clients seeking a referral for services; c) Conducts Options Counseling Assessment with clients seeking support for long-term planning of their care needs; d) Creates and maintains confidential case records including documentation of follow up and termination; e) Provides active intervention and advocacy to non-CCP clients to access necessary services from state, federal, and local programs and to resolve problems experienced by the client; f) Provides a timely response (within one business day) to all inquiries. Adult Protective Services intakes will be processed on an immediate basis during normal business hours; g) Provides follow up to requests to ensure that client needs are being met as needed.
- Enters SHIP related data in to STARS system in a timely manner. Gathers this data from Care Coordinator Service Activity Sheets for data entry as well.
- Plans, facilitates, and/or implements community education and outreach efforts.
- Maintains current information with respect to the services and opportunities available to older adults and caregivers. Communicates changes or errors in ESP Web System to identified AgeGuide staff.
- Reviews and annually updates materials regularly used to communicate with clients.
Develops and annually maintains linkage agreements with local service providers and organizations in service area.
- Coordinates personal schedule for client visits, in and out of office time that efficiently and cost effectively utilizes agency resources.
- Assists with the assignment and monitoring of Choices for Care Assessments. Assists with the completion of Performance and Quality Improvement Review related to Choices for Care Assessments.
- Serves as an agency ambassador when in the community.
- Attends community fairs and conducts presentations for local organizations.
- Participates in Mobile Food Pantries sponsored by the Agency and provides information and assistance to clients in attendance.
- Participates in VOAD Meetings as needed.
- Participates In community stakeholder groups as assigned.
- Implements special projects assigned by Funder as necessary.
GREAT EMPLOYER PROVIDED BENEFITS FOR QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES INCLUDE:
- Time-off: 12 Holidays – 15 days’ Vacation – 3 PTO days’ and 9 Sick day’s
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurances
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term Disability Insurance (employee paid optional)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan with employer contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate’s degree is required with preference in areas of social work or social sciences. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. All degrees must come from a regionally accredited educational institution which has U.S. Department of Education approval.
- A minimum one (1) year of experience working with community resources for older adults and/or adults with disabilities is required.
- Certification in intakes for Adult Protective Services preferred but on-the-job training will be provided. Must have the ability to process these sensitive intakes in a timely and professional manner.
- Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) Certification preferred or must successfully obtain certification within eighteen (18) months of hire.
- Certified Care Coordinator status with the Illinois Department on Aging preferred or must be successfully obtained within first six (6) months of employment.
- Senior Health Information Program (SHIP) Certification preferred or must be successfully obtained within first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Ability to relate well to older individuals and persons with disabilities, respecting their privacy, dignity, and right to self-determination.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and interruptions.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and adhere to a no-wrong door policy when clients approach the agency for assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and appropriately in times of crisis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers and other community agencies.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must possess strong interviewing skills, with strong communications skills on the phone, in person, in large groups, and in written word.
- Must have the ability to interpret available data and complete reporting for funding sources.
- Must be familiar with local services and supports and able to establish a relationship with community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and constructively with persons from all ethnic, racial, and social backgrounds.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Teams.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Passage of complete background clearance, physical and Tuberculosis (TB) Test.
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet, has adopted and follows the Codes of Ethics established by Catholic Charities USA, the National Association of Social Workers and the American Psychological Association. As an employee of the Agency you are expected to support these codes to the extent doing so is consistent with and allowed by applicable law.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable means of transportation and proof of liability insurance is required.