1776 E. Washington Street, Urbana, IL
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is currently seeking a detail-oriented person with customer service skills for a Case Manager I — Utility Assistance Program position on our team! Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who desires to make a difference in our community! The Case Manager I – Utility Assistance Program will be responsible for determining benefits eligibility to support low-income households in Champaign County to maintain utilities and provide information or referrals to address other identified service needs.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. with at least 3 years’ experience applicable to the program or associate degree in human services or related field.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Strong background in customer services and human services.
- Multi-lingual skills preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Champaign County as necessary to conduct services at outreach sites and home visits as necessary.
- Ability to follow program procedures while adjusting work style to meet the needs of the client.
- Ability to handle program and client information in a confidential manner and report concerns as mandated.
- Ability to consistently and accurately use basic math skills to determine household income and benefit eligibility according to funder income limits.
- Ability to learn the use of web-based systems.
- Ability to understand the vision, mission, and values of CCRPC and to implement in everyday work.
- Knowledge and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles and problems of poverty in the community.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care principles.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Ability to complete timely and accurate documentation.
- Proficient in English (spelling, punctuation, grammar).
- Ability to attend worksite regularly to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Computer skills needed to complete case documentation, data entry and timesheets.
- Ability to attend program meetings and/or training as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate client scheduling needs including periodic early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Knowledge of public assistance programs, including eligibility and application process.
The complete job description may be viewed at www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F (A flexible schedule is required, which will include some evenings and weekends, to support the needs of the program.)
Status: Full-Time/SEASONAL (37.5 hours per week)
Starting Wage: $14.88 – $17.00
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, high-quality programming, and great work environment!
Applicants may apply at: www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs