Case Manager II – Dual Diagnosis
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is seeking a Case Manager II – Dual Diagnosis to join our team. Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. From analysis to policy guidance to offering services to our communities, RPC’s people plan for people.
The Case Manager II – Dual Diagnosis is responsible for the delivery of assigned dual diagnosis case management services (intellectual/developmental disability and mental health diagnoses) in accordance with Agency Vision, Mission, and Values and applicable program contracts, manuals, and guidelines. This position assists individuals served by the program with establishing and working on individualized program goals such as increased self-sufficiency, housing stability, education attainment, securing employment, etc. The Case Manager II – Dual Diagnosis is responsible for maintaining a caseload, monitoring the general health, safety, and well-being of individuals with both intellectual/developmental and mental health disabilities. The Case Manager II– Dual Diagnosis is also responsible for monitoring, intervention, and technical assistance to determine the appropriate support for individuals, guardians, and providers working through a variety of service issues.
The job description may be viewed at https://ccrpc.org/jobs/job-descriptions/.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F (Flexibility is necessary to support the goals of the program.)
Status: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Pay Grade: Non-Exempt/3
Starting Wage: $19.58 – $21.00
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
- Dual Diagnosis Case Manager II – Dual Diagnosis is required to have at least one year of experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities and persons with mental health diagnoses.
- Ability to obtain program specific certification(s) within twelve months; Case Manager II – Dual Diagnosis is required to obtain QIDP credential within 3 months from hire.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Strong background in customer services and human services with program’s target population.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to transport clients and visit their homes throughout service area on a routine basis.
- Must be able to work in a home office, demonstrate, and maintain their home workspace in a safe manner, free from safety hazards.
- Ability to follow program procedures while adjusting work style to meet the needs of the client.
- Possess household budgeting skills.
- Knowledge of continuing education options including high school, trade, and college.
- Understands steps to implement to work toward gainful employment for individuals lacking employment history.
- Knowledge of housing continuum from shelter to home ownership in service area.
- Knowledge of public assistance programs, including eligibility and application process.
- Ability to attend community meetings, provide program information at community meetings, and collect and share relevant meeting information with team.
- Ability to handle program and client information in a confidential manner and report concerns as mandated.
- Knowledge and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles and problems of poverty in the community.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care principles.
- Proficient in English (spelling, punctuation, and grammar)
- Computer skills needed to complete case documentation, data entry and timesheets.
- Ability to attend program meetings and/or training as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate client scheduling needs including periodic evenings and weekends.
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, high-quality programming, and great work environment!
Applicants may apply at: www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs
CCRPC is an EEO/AA/ADA employer.