CASE MANAGER, LTSS: COOK COUNTY , WESTERN CHICAGO
Molina Healthcare of Illinois
Cook County, Chicago IL
We are seeking Case Managers who must live in COOK COUNTY ILLINOIS and must be licensed for the state of ILLINOIS. Excellent computer skills and attention to detail are very important to multi task between systems, talk with members on the phone, and enter accurate contact notes. This is a fast paced position and productivity is important. FREQUENT TRAVEL in the field to do member visits in the surrounding areas will be required: Cook County Western Suburbs (Broadview, Cicero, Elmwood Park, Forest Park, Maywood, Melrose Park, Northlake, River Grove, Schiller Park, Stone Park): Mileage will be reimbursed.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM / 1 hour lunch break. We are looking for candidates who are flexible with work hours.
Molina Healthcare Services (HCS) works with members, providers and multidisciplinary team members to assess, facilitate, plan and coordinate an integrated delivery of care across the continuum, including behavioral health and long term care, for members with high need potential. HCS staff work to ensure that patients progress toward desired outcomes with quality care that is medically appropriate and cost-effective based on the severity of illness and the site of service.
- Completes face-to-face comprehensive assessments of members per regulated timelines.
- Facilitates comprehensive waiver enrollment and disenrollment processes.
- Develops and implements a case management plan, including a waiver service plan, in collaboration with the member, caregiver, physician and/or other appropriate healthcare professionals and member’s support network to address the member needs and goals.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of the care plan to evaluate effectiveness, document interventions and goal achievement, and suggest changes accordingly.
- Promotes integration of services for members including behavioral health care and long-term services and supports, home and community to enhance the continuity of care for Molina members.
- Assesses for medical necessity and authorize all appropriate waiver services.
- Evaluates covered benefits and advise appropriately regarding funding source.
- Conducts face-to-face or home visits as required.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary care team meetings for approval or denial of services and informal ICT collaboration.
- Uses motivational interviewing and Molina clinical guideposts to educate, support and motivate change during member contacts.
- Assesses for barriers to care, provides care coordination and assistance to member to address psycho/social, financial, and medical obstacles concerns.
- Identifies critical incidents and develops prevention plans to assure member’s health and welfare.
- Note for RN’s: May have additional duties, such as providing consultation, recommendations and education as appropriate to non-RN case managers; working cases with members who have complex medical conditions and medication regimens; and/or conducting medication reconciliation when needed.
- 50-75% travel required.
Any of the following:
Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Program.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a social science, psychology, gerontology, public health or social work.
- At least 1 year of experience working with persons with disabilities/chronic conditions and Long Term Services & Supports.
- 1-3 years in case management, disease management, managed care or medical or behavioral health settings.
Required License, Certification, Association
- Active, unrestricted State Nursing license (RN/LVN/LPN) OR Clinical Social Worker license in good standing.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record and be able to drive within applicable state or locality with reliable transportation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- 3-5 years in case management, disease management, managed care or medical or behavioral health settings.
- 1 year experience working with population who receive waiver services.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
Active and unrestricted Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full Time