Alton, Carbondale, Champaign and Springfield, IL
Land of Lincoln Legal Aid, Inc. seeks a case worker in four of its regional offices – Alton, Carbondale, Champaign and Springfield – to help low-income individuals and families facing eviction during the COVID pandemic. The position is dedicated to preventing homelessness and ensuring safety and stability of Illinoisans during the pandemic. Land of Lincoln Legal Aid provides free civil legal services to low-income individuals in 65 counties in Illinois. We are committed to working for justice with those whose voices might otherwise not be heard; to empower individuals to advocate for themselves; and to make positive changes in the communities we serve. Our attorneys provide holistic legal advocacy in partnership with community organizations, social service agencies, and faith-based groups.
The case worker will provide direct case services to housing clients. In partnership with program attorneys and other staff, the case worker will identify additional services needed to resolve housing cases. The case worker will be supervised by a Social Worker, as well as a Managing Attorney, and will be part of the Client Support Service Program (which is comprised of one Social Worker, and up to four case workers). The position also requires active participation in regular staff meetings, housing task force meetings and program development activities as needed.
- Work with attorneys to develop appropriate strategies and case management for clients
- Work with clients to utilize all available resources to achieve successfully outcomes in their case
- Make appropriate referrals to outside agencies and coordinate with agencies to ensure client stability
- Maintain community resource library
- Actively participate in community outreach and education
- Build relationships with community partners
- Participate in general office upkeep duties including computer data entry of intake information, filing, copying, drafting and filing court documents
- Other duties as assigned