The Child Welfare Assistant is a critical member of the region’s child welfare team, working collaboratively within the Intact program to ensure a relentless focus on keeping children safe and supporting families. The Intact Family Services program provides families with intensive, trauma-informed case management services using Solution-Based Casework (SBC), an evidence-informed casework model of partnering with families to help them reach their goals. Your daily routine will involve assisting case managers with case management tasks, while you yourself manage a small case load of clients in order to familiarize yourself with the role of case management at a slower, more manageable pace.
Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit proof of their vaccination status before their start date unless they have an agency approved medical or religious exemption. Staff with an exemption will need to provide proof of weekly testing.
What you’ll do:
- You will provide case management services to a small case load of children and families who have an indicated report of abuse or neglect.
- You will assist case managers with tasks such as legal screening paperwork, safety assessments and home visits.
- You will assess the needs of children and families and help to plan services.
- You will establish collaborative relationships with service providers and institutions that play a role in the family’s situation.
- You will monitor the family’s progress towards their goals.
- You will provide testimony in the Juvenile Court System regarding the best interest of children and families.
Who you are:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a closely related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- You have a Child Welfare Employee License (CWEL), Child Endangerment Risk Assessment Protocol (CERAP), and Child Abuse and Neglect (CANS) certification, or you’re able to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- You have experience providing collaborative, strength-based services to kids and families, and you’re looking for an opportunity to partner with families to help them thrive.
- You enjoy working autonomously but also value working with a team to reach shared goals.
- You are able to attend in-person meetings and events as needed, and you have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- Location: Hybrid (remote/in office); majority of your time will be spent in Ford county meeting with clients either in their homes or in other community-based locations, with opportunities to complete service documentation and other case coordination from your preferred location (in office, or remotely).
- Schedule: Full-time, salaried; general business hours with some flexibility required for accommodating client’s schedules and special projects.
- Salary: Range starts at $37K offers are commensurate with experience.
- Additional compensation: One-time $3,000 CWEL recognition payment (issued 60 days after hire or following licensure completion).
- Noncash benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off plus 11 paid holidays, supplemental insurance options, 401(k) with match (more benefits details here).