Joliet IL, Oak brook IL, Kankakee IL, Chicago IL, Springfield IL, Mt Vernon IL, Decatur IL, Belleville IL, Quincy IL
|Lutheran Child and Family Services of Illinois
What We Do
Lutheran Child and Family Services of Illinois improves the well-being of people across the state by protecting children, strengthening families and building futures for those who have experienced trauma. We do this as a leading provider of a variety of child welfare services. LCFS is a welcoming organization serving children, individuals, families and communities of all faiths, races, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender expressions and gender-identifications.
Who We Are
Join the team of professionals providing excellent care to children and families!
Child Welfare Specialist
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1.Demonstrate understanding of the line of authority within the Agency.
2. Demonstrate understanding of the purpose of the caseworker position in relation to the other team members of the Foster Care staff.
3. Demonstrate good writing skills for case notes and documents concerning records of the clients.
4. Demonstrate the ability to relate well to a wide variety of personalities.
5. Demonstrate cultural competency.
6. Keeps information confidential.
7. Demonstrate good organizational skills to keep files in order.
8. Demonstrate the willingness to take training and supervision well.
9. Demonstrate good communication skills to work effectively as part of the team.
10. Demonstrate a positive, supportive attitude in relating to staff and clients.
11. Demonstrate the ability to be open and accepting of other’s ethnicities, races and genders.
Child Welfare Specialist I: Entry level-Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
Child Welfare Specialist II: MSW or related graduate degree (refer to DCFS Policy) or Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of Child Welfare Experience
Child Welfare Specialist III: MSW or related graduate degree with 5 years of related experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of related experience.
All employees must enroll, successfully complete foundations training, and become licensed as a Child Welfare Specialist. Valid Illinois Driver’s License and auto insurance required.
PHYSICAL AND SPECIAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Objects include a computer and keyboard, calculator, typical business machines such as a fax machine and copier. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may work in and/or visit Agency offices throughout Illinois and must be able to transport him/herself to these sites. The employee is required to have a valid driver’s license and must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
LCFS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.