LPR International is seeking a Clinical Care Coordinator to support our client based in Washington, D.C. The Clinical Care Coordinator is a licensed Clinical Social Worker/Registered Nurse, as part of the multidisciplinary team, provides day to daycare management services, as determined by individualized plans of care, to a given number of the care program recipients (clients). Clinical Care Coordinators subscribe to the definition of case management and ethical statements guiding case management practice as determined by The Case Management Society of America. Additionally, the Clinical Care Coordinators deliver client and family-centered services that actualize the mission and core values of our client’s quality of service to create an environment which allows community inclusion for individuals with disability and complex health care needs. Clinical Care Coordinators rely on support from other members of the multidisciplinary team and are required to travel throughout the state of Maryland to visit clients in their homes, nursing facilities, schools, and other residential facilities on a monthly basis.
This position is remote during the COVID pandemic; however post-COVID patient visits are at patient’s home, school, or PCP office in the District of Columbia as needed for assessments. All other care management may be coordinated remotely.
- Admission to and discharge from care management services.
- Utilization of the case management process to guide service delivery.
- Facilitation of the development of individualized plans of care including desired outcomes.·
- Coordination of services and supports required to facilitate a plan of care implementation and satisfy contractual/regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring ongoing services, and cost-effectiveness and recommends changes to the plan as needed.
- Evaluation of desired and actual outcomes.
- Facilitation of cost-effective alternatives to care.
- Recommendation of cost-effective alternatives to care provision.
- Being a resource to community service providers.
- Maintains care management records.
- Maintains communication with other members of the health care team.
- The Clinical Care Coordinator delivers services utilizing on-site visitation as well as convening and attending multidisciplinary team meetings, and maintaining periodic, regular contact with recipients of service and other members of the health care team.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activates, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- CCM certification is preferred; and is required within two years of the date of employment with our client.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: – Pediatric intensive care nursing – ambulatory health or – rehabilitation nursing – clinical social work practice in a community setting with individuals with complex health care needs.
- Additionally, Clinical Care Coordinators will demonstrate high clinical competence, and ability to work in a team situation with other professionals and have the ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Proof of current state licensure and current malpractice insurance coverage is required; insurance should be maintained at all times.
- Maintaining certifications as they apply to care coordination e.g. CCM, LCSW-C, et cetera.
- Proof of current automobile insurance is required.
- Ability to travel throughout Maryland with reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license with a record in good standing.
- Designated home office space that must satisfy all HIPAA requirements.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to Telework from Home Based Office. Must have high-speed Internet connection and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook), databases, and using tools to communicate remotely and document client information.
In addition to the above qualifications the successful incumbent is expected to consistently demonstrate:
- A positive working attitude that supports the needs of the care management team.
- Support of the mission and values of our client and a commitment to a person-centered, family-centered, culturally competent philosophical base.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement working with co-workers in a team-oriented collaborative governance model.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the changing healthcare environment and legislation.
- Licensed in DC as a Social Worker (LICSW) or Registered Nurse (RN). Certification as a Case Manager preferred.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university or possess equivalent education and experience.
- Master’s degree in Social Work & Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to complete onsite visits with clients by driving to their homes, schools, physician offices, and other healthcare facilities. The employee is required to document client-related activities and conversations on their laptop in our client database within 48 hours of the client interaction. Moderate degree of mental/visual stress involved. Concentrated periods of time spent using PC keyboard and viewing monitor.
All applicants requiring alternative methods of application or screening should contact LPR International directly.
LPR International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, military discharge status, criminal records that have been sealed or expunged, arrest records not resulting in conviction or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and/or local law.