Crystal Lake, IL
Crystal Lake, IL
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? As a Team Leader, you will supervise a dynamic team of 3-6 Community Support Specialists (CSS) as they provide mental health services in the community. This includes sharing case management duties within the team and leading by example while working directly with clients, providing guidance, and growing the clinical skills of your CSS team.
Team Leaders hold a unique position within Thresholds: they provide direct service while keeping an eye on the overarching goals of the program. Team Leaders contribute to the program’s network of resources by establishing and maintaining community relationships.
You and your team will remove barriers to mental healthcare through case management: connecting our clients with resources and helping them navigate complex systems. You will help clients strengthen daily living skills as you drive them to doctors’ appointments, to benefits offices, or to the grocery store. You will collaborate with clients to create plans for symptom management and teach coping skills that support clients in reclaiming their lives.
Our culture is supportive, and the Team Leaders are key to setting the tone. During regular team meetings and supervision, you will engage and motivate your staff, provide direct feedback, coach staff to meet billing targets, drive collaboration on client care, and help staff work through challenges. Share your knowledge of harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and evidence-based practices and receive ongoing opportunities for training, clinical supervision, and leadership development.
To succeed in this role, you need:
- Passion for mental health advocacy
- Strong communication and teaching skills
- Adaptability to staff and client needs
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- A valid driver’s license, current car insurance, and a car for daily use
- Willingness to provide transportation to clients
Education and experience:
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or related field
- Licensed clinician (LSW, LPC, LCSW, LCPC, LCP) preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
What sets Thresholds apart:
- Competitive pay – Base Salary: $60,000 – $63,000 annually
- Generous PTO (9 federal holidays, 8 days of sick leave, 15-22 days personal and vacation)
- Dental insurance, vision insurance, 4 medical insurance plans
- 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer match
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Public service loan forgiveness
- Cell phone reimbursement (up to $50/month)
- Supervision for clinical licensure at no cost (LSW, LCSW, LPC, LCPC)
- Reimbursement for professional licensure and license renewal
Thresholds is a mission-driven agency with a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment where all feel valued and respected, a place where every employee can be themselves, thrive, and support the agency’s mission. Click here to learn more.
One of the oldest and largest community mental health organizations in Illinois, we pride ourselves in being a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace and one of Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, several years in a row.
Covid-19 Note: In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Thresholds, you will be required to share proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and booster upon eligibility. You may apply for a Medical or Religious Exemption in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.