Discover. Self. Community
Make a difference with DSC!
Founded in 1972, DSC provides educational, professional, residential and behavioral support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Champaign and Ford counties. We have an excellent work environment where you will be part of a team that is positive, caring and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the people to whom we provide services. If you are seeking a rewarding and fulfilling job, we are currently hiring for Direct Support Professionals in our Residential, Community Day Services, and Individual and Family Support programs.
OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are integral to providing support services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. It is a great way to gain meaningful experience and kick start a rewarding career in social services. In this role you will provide support and supervision, conduct individual and group training programs, general household maintenance and routines, community and recreational outings, and complete data and records according to individual program plans and procedures. You will also assist with daily living skills and facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on a variety of activities and events in the community.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Compassion towards others and a desire to help people in a meaningful way
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive an agency van. The ability to successfully complete required training
- Sufficient physical stamina and mobility to push, pull, and lift
- Paid training will be provided to become an Illinois Department of Public Health certified DD Aide
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- $12.50 per hour with additional $1.50 per hour weekend differential
- Employee referral program (up to $800 per referral)
- Family-oriented work environment, casual dress, and employee events
FULL TIME POSITION BENEFITS:
- Medical and dental coverage (starts first day of employment)
- Health reimbursement account (HRA) and flex spending account (FSA)
- Life and disability insurance (starts first day of employment)
- Voluntary vision coverage, legal insurance and identity theft protection
- 401(k) retirement plan with immediate participation and a percentage employer match after 1 yr.
- 21 days of paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays and 6 days of paid reserve sick leave per year
- Employee assistance program