Higland Park, IL
Director of Counseling
Director of Counseling
Family Service of Lake County (FSLC) is a not-for-profit social service agency helping multi-generational clients in communities in Lake County, Illinois. Founded in 1930, its mission is to provide counseling, education, and support services to individuals, couples, and families to help them to succeed in their relationships at home, at work, at school and within our community. Our staff provides counseling, support for seniors and caregivers, and educational and mentoring assistance for Latino youth. All services are provided on a sliding fee basis.
The Director must be a licensed clinical professional who is responsible for leading the counseling staff in providing individuals with assistance in addressing emotional, behavioral, and relational issues. In addition, the Director will promote mental health, tolerance, and access in all served communities. The Director must be able to lead the staff forward, believe in continuous professional development, and be responsive to staff whose number one goal is to provide quality service to every client.
- Leads and sets strategic direction and goals for all counseling programs at FSLC.
- Oversees all hiring, orientation, training, and evaluation of clinical work of clinical staff and ensures that proper closing notes, coding, billing, and clinical diagnostics are compliant to all contracts, policies, and legal and ethical standards.
- Collaborates with non-clinical staff and administrators
- Measures client satisfaction and shares report with FSLC Leadership Team
- Identifies annual development plans for clinical staff to provide them with diverse set of clinical tools for them to draw from to meet the needs of our clients
- Ensures HIPAA policy is followed, plans annual training, assures compliance audits, credentialing, and remediation completed for the entire team.
- Oversees intake and assignment of clients
- Builds partnerships with external resources, schools, hospitals, psychiatrists, doctors as needed and coordinating services on behalf of existing clients
- In cooperation with Development and Marketing team coordinates outreach and education to external resources to build and increase awareness of our capabilities and availability
- Is excited to deepen and grow our counseling footprint in Lake County
- Be a leader, mentor, coach for the counseling team, including our intern program.
- Is comfortanble leading and arranging staff training
- Is comforable with being in a trasitional work environment.
- Understands insurance billing practices and practice management
- Is a spokesperson for FSLC
Requirements For Education, Experiences, Certifications and Skills
- Clinical State License in psychology or social work required
- Master’s degree, PsyD, or PhD in Social Work Required
- Three to five years experience of direct clinical experience providing individual, family and/group psychotherapy
- Demonstrated experience in leading staff of professionals in a mental health care environment
- Working knowledge of assessment, treatment planning and documentation needed for billing to Medicare and insurance companies, Medicaid a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $80,000.00 per year
Must wear a mask and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.