The Doula provides inclusive, in-home visits within a strength-based, family-centered support model to young mothers and fathers who would like support services. The Doula will provide outreach services, prenatal education activities, and assist the family in preparing for childbirth through both home visiting and group based services. As the Doula, you will advocate for the participant families by providing emotional support, parental education, labor and delivery guidance and post partum care.
Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit proof of their vaccination status before their start date unless they have an agency approved medical or religious exemption.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish trusting, nurturing relationships with program participants and their families.
- Maintain regular contact with participants in their home to provide information, education and resources that will prepare the parent and her family for the birth process and postpartum.
- Attend and supports the laboring mother and her family or support person(s).
- Assist families in initiating and strengthening the parent-child relationship.
- Improve family support systems by providing information about community networking and advocacy.
Who You Are:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Service, or a closely related field, OR Associate’s Degree plus completion of Doula certification training, OR Associate’s Degree plus two years’ relevant social service experience
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You are adept at communicating effectively – both in writing and verbally.
- You are able to attend in-person family visits and meetings, and you have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- Location: Hybrid (remote/in office); the Doula provides in-home services to families in the Champaign, Ford, Piatt, and Vermilion counties, and may have the opportunity to work remotely from a home or assigned office between on-site meetings and events.
- Schedule: Full-time, salaried; general business hours with some flexibility required for evening visits and attending after-hours births
- Salary: Range starts at $33,000; offers are commensurate with experience
- Noncash benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off plus 11 paid holidays, supplemental insurance options, 401(k) with match (more benefits details here)