Advanced Correctional Healthcare, Inc. is proud to have been awarded the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Ethics in 2019, and to be certified in 2022 by Fortune Magazine as a Great Place to Work for the seventh consecutive year!
**$500 Sign On Bonus paid in first 90 days**
Position: Full-Time Mental Health Professional (QMHP, LPC, LCPC, LICSW, LMFT, LCSW)
Facility: Champaign County Jail
Location: Urbana, IL
Hours/Shift: 40 hours per week
The Mental Health Professional Counselor is responsible for providing mental health services to detainees while working directly with clients, team members, and facility staff, and maintaining a professional relationship with all staff and detainees.
- Provide mental health assessment and evaluation of detainees referred by facility staff or identified by prescreening (booking or nursing).
- Provide individual and/or group therapeutic services.
- Assist custody and medical staff in the monitoring of mental health for referred detainees.
- Coordinate with custody and medical staff in the management and treatment of detainees with mental health and/or behavioral concerns.
- Monitor and provide therapeutic support of segregated/isolated detainees.
- Support and supplement the activities of county mental health services in the stabilization of at-risk detainees.
- Coordinate with county mental health services for continuity of care and discharge planning via sharing of pertinent patient information.
- Complete documentation of assessment and treatment, as well as maintain records for referral tracking and CQI.
- Facilitate training on mental health-related issues as requested.
- Adhere to work schedule.
- Master’s degree in a behavioral/social science field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work) from an accredited college or university and current licensure with clinical specialty in the state from the appropriate state licensing board.
- Must be able to practice independently.
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.