Grants Assistant (part-time)
The Refugee Center is looking for a Grants Assistant to join our team in supporting refugee and immigrant clients with resettlement.
The Refugee Center, with an office in Champaign, IL, exists to provide services essential to refugee and immigrant resettlement in East Central Illinois, and to aid in the exchange and preservation of their respective cultures. Globally aware but locally focused, our professional, compassionate staff provide interpretation services and advocacy in court hearings, doctors’ appointments, school conferences, and other settings. For 40 years, we’ve helped people find stability in their new homes through counseling, tutoring, community health programs, and support in completing paperwork for work, school, and government programs.
The Grants Assistant will be a support member of our Grants and Administration teams. They will work with our grant reporting process and administrative functions. The Grants Assistant will report to the Grants Manager.
- Systems Administration
- Lead administration of Salesforce system
- Field and troubleshoot staff questions around Salesforce
- Create and run report templates
- Grant Reporting
- Enter data from client case notes and ensure accuracy of organizational data and timely recording
- Track internal organizational data by grant
- Collect and organize information for grant reports
- Enter data into different systems required by each funder
- Compile draft monthly reports for Grants Manager to review
- Edit case note templates for additional metric tracking when required by new grants
- Grant Administration
- Create reports for Leadership Team regarding where the organization is in meeting metrics and Program goals required by grants
- Draft one-pager updates for staff, summarizing new grants and which staff will be engaged in those programs
- Generate vouchering documentation for funders
- Keep calendar and send reminders around government application and reporting deadlines
- Experience with data entry
- Experience working with large sets of data
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for our mission and supporting refugee resettlement
- Familiarity with grants administration
- Experience working in a grants management system like Salesforce
- Experience working with people from different cultures
Compensation & Benefits:
- The pay rate for this role is $15/hour less applicable withholdings
- We anticipate this role to be around 20 hours per week of work
- Monthly stipend for mobile phone usage
The Refugee Center is working closely with public health professionals to meet and exceed safety guidance for our staff and clients. Based on their advice, we have opened our office to the public in order to meet the continued and growing crises in our refugee communities.
Due to the nature of this work, the Grants Assistant may choose to work remotely, in the office, or have a hybrid work schedule.
Clients and staff are required to wear masks at all times that they are in our office and we are currently requiring staff to either provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or take a weekly COVID-19 test.
If interested, please apply to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. The Refugee Center is an equal opportunity employer.