Grants Manager (full-time)
The Grants Manager is an important part of our Operations team, leading in the grant reporting and playing a key role in grant application processes.
The Refugee Center, with an office in Champaign, IL, exists to provide services essential to refugee and immigrant resettlement in East Central Illinois, and to aid in the exchange and preservation of their respective cultures. Globally aware but locally focused, our professional, compassionate staff provide interpretation services and advocacy in court hearings, doctors’ appointments, school conferences, and other settings. For 40 years, we’ve helped people find stability in their new homes through counseling, tutoring, community health programs, and support in completing paperwork for work, school, and government programs.
The Grants Manager is supervised directly by the Assistant Director of Operations. This is a full-time position.
- Leads reporting oversight and ensure completion of grant reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Project manages submission of all grant reports and organizational deadlines
- Owns primary contact relationship with funders
- Creates and submits grant reports for funders
- Work on monthly grant fiscal reports, including tracking allocations, organizing documentation, and analyzing system data.
- Oversees and trains staff on data entry of reporting metrics
- Manages and facilitates data collection forms and tools
- Manipulates large data sets of organizational outcomes
- Tracks and analyzes data related to program progress and assessments
- Creates and maintains internal organizational information systems and reporting related to grants for leadership and board members
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Assistant Director of Operations, and Assistant Director of Programs on the grant application process
- Facilitates grant application process by communicating with funders
- Attends funding meetings with prospective and recurring funders
- Work with organizational data to run reports and put together historical information
- Research and canvass for new grant opportunities that fit the organization’s mission
- Communicate internally with staff on new grants, including the parameters and outcomes for those grants, whose work is involved, and what they should anticipate
- Uphold grants compliance for the organization
- Support annual financial audit by providing documentation
- Supervises and mentors Grants Assistants
- Manage the performance and provide professional development opportunities for the grants team
- Support training of new program staff on grant data collection
- Provide internal training to all staff when relevant workflows change
- Strong experience in a related field, such as nonprofit management, grants management, grants writing, grant system management, data analytics, data science, and/or direct service
- Strong understanding of the grants application and reporting process
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with reporting and working with large data sets
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities
- Excellent project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong relationship management abilities
- Passionate about our mission
- Experience managing staff
- Experience with grants from the state of Illinois
- Experience working with people from different cultures
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary starts at $39,520/year less applicable withholdings
- Option to enroll in healthcare plan or receive a stipend
- Monthly stipend for mobile phone usage
The Refugee Center is working closely with public health professionals to meet and exceed safety guidance for our staff and clients. Based on their advice, we have opened our office to the public in order to meet the continued and growing crises in our refugee communities.
Due to the nature of this work, the Grants Manager may choose to work remotely, in the office, or have a hybrid work schedule.
Clients and staff are required to wear masks at all times that they are in our office and we are currently requiring staff to either provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or take a weekly COVID-19 test.
If interested, please apply to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. The Refugee Center is an equal opportunity employer.