Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is seeking a Housing Navigator – Independent Service Coordination Team to join our team. Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. From analysis to policy guidance to offering services to our communities, RPC’s people plan for people.
The Housing Navigator is responsible for the delivery of assigned Independent Service Coordination (ISC) program services in accordance with Agency Vision, Mission, and Values and applicable program contracts, manuals, and guidelines. The Housing Navigator Program is designed to promote access to independent, community-based housing options for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Housing Navigator services are available to people already in the Home and Community Based Medicaid Waiver and those newly selected from the Prioritization for Urgency for Need of Services (PUNS) list. Housing Navigators do not have control over the availability of housing but will help people pursue their choices.
The position will cultivate independent rental housing opportunities in RPC’s ISC service area (a 13-county region consisting of Champaign, Ford, Iroquois, Vermilion, McLean, Tazewell, Mason, Woodfield, Livingston, LaSalle, Bureau, Marshall, and Putnam counties) and work with individuals interested in this option to identify and navigate the housing application process. Housing Navigators will work collaboratively with the ISC case management team and the assigned service partner to ensure a quality, safe, and affordable housing placement with appropriate services. This position will develop and maintain relationships with landlords, property managers, and serve as a resource for the services agencies supporting the individuals in their own home. The overall objective is to help participants achieve and maintain stable housing.
The job description may be viewed at https://ccrpc.org/jobs/job-descriptions/.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., (Flexibility is necessary to support the goals of the program.)
Status: Full-Time/37.5 Hours Per Week
Pay Grade: Non-Exempt/3
Starting Wage: $19.34 – $21.00
Worksite: 1776 E. Washington Street, Urbana, IL 61802
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field. Housing Navigator is required to have at least one year of experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in human services delivery in a case management, care coordination, outreach, or similar capacity.
- Experience in working with clients who live in independent housing settings.
- Experience in working with affordable housing developers and landlords to access resources for client placements.
- Knowledge of landlord tenant rights and fair housing laws.
- Ability to obtain program specific certification(s) within twelve months; Housing Navigator is required to obtain QIDP credential within 1 year of hire date.
- Obtain HUD Housing Counselor certification within 9-12 months of hire date.
- Maintains Continuing Educations credits as required to maintain certification(s).
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to transport clients and visit their homes throughout service area on a routine basis.
- Knowledge and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles and problems of poverty in the community.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care principles.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in English (spelling, punctuation, and grammar)
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Computer skills needed to complete case documentation, data entry and timesheets.
- Ability to attend program meetings and/or training as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate client scheduling needs including periodic evenings and weekends.
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, high-quality programming, and great work environment!
Applicants may apply at: www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs
CCRPC is an EEO/AA/ADA employer.