**SIGN ON BONUS, $5,000**
CTS Health Services is a community mental health services center that specializes in a holistic approach to health and wellness for children, parents, and adults of varying circumstances and mental challenges. We provide one-on-one behavioral interventions for our clients and their support circles to help our clients navigate through life within their community at their highest level.
We are urgently seeking passionate, authentic, and motivated individuals to provide behavioral health counseling with an emphasis on prevention. The Mental Health Counselor will work with individuals and groups to develop treatment plans and activities to promote optimum mental health, help individuals and their support systems deal with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Behavioral / Mental Health Counselor, not limited to:
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients’ treatment.
- Maintain a minimum of an hourly billable caseload of 25 per week.
- Perform assessments and behavioral screening as assigned, and update as required.
- Clinical oversight of CTS locations.
- Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Counsel clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes.
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge, and update as required.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Plan, organize and lead structured programs of counseling, work, study, recreation and social activities for clients.
- Oversee all functions within area, maintain relationship with LME’s, participant in state and local audits.
- Stay a brisk of state changes and inform appropriate staff regarding new service definitions.
- Perform 90-day, mid-year, and annual evaluations of staff.
- Provide effective supervision to assigned staff, including responsibility for hiring, discipline, termination, administrative and clinical training, and performance appraisals.
- Attend provider fairs, collaboratives, and state-sponsored meetings when applicable.
- Follow up with consumers regarding integrity of services
- Work with Clinical Director to assign consumers to therapists
- Create/Review schedules for all therapists
- Monitor timesheets weekly
- Review U/M tracker for therapy hours and daily schedule of therapist
What you get:
- Sign on bonus!
- Full benefits package after 90-days – BlueCross BlueShield CareFirst medical, dental, and vision; 401K; 100% employer-sponsored life insurance
- Paid time off – holidays, birthday, personal/sick, and vacation
- Flexible hours
- Growth opportunities
- Encouragement of creativity
- Holistic and supportive culture and environment
Educational requirements to be qualified as a Behavioral / Mental Health Counselor:
- Master’s Degree in a human service field (Social Work, Counseling, Human Services, Psychology, etc.) (required),
- Full Licensure Status (Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist (LCAS) (required)
- Behavioral Screening Certification (IM+CANS), (CTS will supply resource to gain certification if not in possession upon hire)
- Bilingual (Spanish) (required)
Job Training Requirements:
Trainings and certificates required to perform duties as a Behavioral / Mental Health Counselor (will be supplied by CTS if not in possession):
- Behavioral Screening Certification
- CTS Health orientation
- Rule 132
- Service Definition
- OIG Rule 50
- First Aid/CPR/AED/Bloodborne Pathogen
- Client Rights
- Mandated Reporter
- Health and Safety
- Cultural Competency
- Workplace Violence and Safety
- Waste, Fraud & Abuse
Apply now with your resume or email your resume to apply!