On- Call Crisis Referral Services Social Worker
Northwestern Medicine Ben Gordon Center
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system.
The On Call Social Worker reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing high quality services to the patient and the patients family in order to promote optimal social and emotional functioning. These services include direct service to patients and their families both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The Social Worker coordinates options and services to meet the patients needs through collaboration and consultation with physicians and other healthcare personnel. On-call social services are provided primarily to patients in the Emergency Department; however, the Medical, Surgical, ICU, Pediatrics and Obstetrics may also require the services of an on-call worker.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in social work or related field with equivalent in education, training, or experience and documented mental health training or experience.
- Documented experience providing direct service to patients.
- Knowledge of the mental health code.
- Knowledge of normal characteristics of growth and development throughout the span of life.
- Demonstrates ability to work productively and effectively in a timely manner, ability to function well as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and ability to represent the program well in interactions both inside and outside the host hospital.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.