Date: Nov 1, 2023
Anna, IL, US, 62906-1652
Job Requisition ID: 32676
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 11/02/2023
Closing Date/Time: 12/04/2023
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $11,092 – $15,583 per month ($133,104 – $186,996 per year)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting Identification Number: 10-80-32676
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire a Physician for the Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center to perform general medical examinations for individuals served, facility wide. Provides diagnostic and treatment services. Provides facility-wide consultation and coverage to medical staff. Ensures treatment of individuals meets standards of care. Evaluates assigned cases at Intake. Provides in-service training to other staff. Serves as an intermediary and advocate for individuals during community-based consultations, treatment and outpatient care. Serves as Physician on call.
- Performs general medical examinations for individuals served at Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center facility wide.
- Makes daily rounds evaluating individual’s progress, treatment and effectiveness of prescribed medications.
- Refers individuals to community-based providers for specialized consultations, treatment and inpatient care.
- Serves as Physician on-call.
- Conducts physical examinations for injured employees associated with workplace (service-connected) injuries.
- Provides facility-wide consultation and coverage to medical staff.
- Serves as an active member on assigned committees to provide expertise in the areas of treatment, development, etc.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires an Illinois license to practice medicine.
- One (1) year of professional experience evaluating and providing quality medical care to adult individuals.
- One (1) year of professional experience coordinating medical services with other professional disciplines and supportive personnel.
- One (1) year of professional experience evaluating, diagnosing and treating adult individuals in accordance with best practices.
- One (1) year of professional experience communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
- One (1) year of professional experience preparing comprehensive and specialized medical records and reports.
- One (1) year of professional experience treating adults with intellectual and developmentally disabled individuals.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires the ability to serves as Physician on-call for medical advice or emergency medical assistance after business hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires the ability to physically restrain individuals as necessary to prevent injury to individual or others.
- Requires the ability to establish rapport with individuals.
- Requires the ability to utilize office equipment, including personal computers.
- Requires the ability to travel in the performance of job duties, with overnight stays as appropriate.
- Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
- Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
*The conditions of employment listed here are incorporated and related to any of the job duties as listed in the job description.
Work Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 4:30pm. Serves as Physician on call.
Work Location: 1000 N Main St Anna, IL 62906-1652
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Choate Mental Health & Developmental Center
Choate Center – Medical Services
Job Family: Health Services; Social Services
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
- A Pension Program
- Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
- 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
- 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually – (10 days in year one of employment)
* Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
- 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
- Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Compensation Program – A supplemental retirement plan
- Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
- Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
State employees should include temporary assignments in the application profile. Temporary assignment verification forms can be uploaded to the Additional Documents section.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: