750 S State St Elgin, IL 60123-7612
Agency: Department of Human Services
Closing Date: TBD
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $5,047 – $7,869 per month
Work Hours: 8:00AM – 4:00PM
Work Location: Elgin Mental Health Center; 750 S State St Elgin, IL 60123-7612
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please send your resume to Zhuya.email@example.com.
Under general supervision, administers professional social work services involving the application of social work principles and techniques in the evaluation, problem identification and treatment of adults manifesting complex emotional and psychosocial disorders. Determines and develops sources of information and services to facilitate patient treatment. Communicates in Spanish to those individuals who do not read or speak English.
1. Administers professional social work services involving the application of social work principles and techniques in the evaluation, problem identification, and treatment of adults manifesting complex emotional and psychosocial disorders.
2. Determines and develops sources of information and services to facilitate patient treatment.
3. Develops and implements treatment strategies and conducts treatment psychoeducational groups, conducts patient and family counseling sessions.
4. As part of a treatment team, identifies options for best practice treatment interventions in lieu of restraint/seclusion.
5. Evaluates community provider services for future placement based on the needs of patients.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires a master’s degree in social work from a recognized college or university supplemented by one year of professional social work experience in the evaluation and treatment/habilitation of intellectually and developmentally disabled, or other disabled patients.
2. This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.
3. Requires the ability to speak, read and write Spanish at a colloquial skill level.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to walk and stand for a significant period of time, including stooping, bending, lifting or exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
2. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
3. Requires the ability to pass the IDHS background check.
4. Requires ability to pass a drug screen. On January 1, 2020, the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act made it legal for residents over the age of 21 to produce, consume and sell cannabis in Illinois. Please note that although the law has changed, the Department will continue to enforce the Department’s zero-tolerance Drug Testing policy. The use of unauthorized drugs, including cannabis, by an employee, regardless of the position held is prohibited.