750 S State St Elgin, IL 60123-7612
Agency: Department of Human Services
Closing Date: N/A
Posting ID #: N/A
Salary: $5,047- $7,869 per month
Work Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Work Location: Division of Mental Health, Elgin Mental Health Center, Psychology Services, 750 S State St Elgin, IL 60123-7612
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
To apply, please complete and submit a CMS-100 Employment Application (version dated 9/2020 or after) via email to: Zhuya.firstname.lastname@example.org
CMS100 Application Download Link:
Under general supervision, administers professional social work services involving the application of social work principles and techniques in the evaluation, problem identification and treatment of adults manifesting complex emotional and psychosocial disorders. Determines and develops sources of information and services to facilitate patient treatment.
1. Administers professional social work services involving the application of social work principles and techniques in the evaluation, problem identification and treatment of adults manifesting complex emotional and psychosocial disorders. Manages a caseload of patients with intellectual disabilities; interviews patients, family and significant others to obtain pertinent psycho social data for problem identification, evaluation and development of treatment goals and objectives.
2. Determines and develops sources of information and services to facilitate patient treatment. Evaluates clinical problems of patients.
3. Develops and implements treatment strategies and conducts treatment/psychoeducational groups, conducts patient and family counseling sessions; assesses responses to sessions and documents therapeutic responses according to professional standards and policies. Answers questions and concerns about treatment and goals.
4. As part of a treatment team, identifies options for best practice treatment interventions in lieu of restraint/seclusion.
5. Evaluates community provider services for future placement based on the needs of patients.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires extensive knowledge of the theories and assumptions underlying the social work field.
• Requires the ability to prepare complex written and oral reports.
• Requires effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Requires ability to observe patients and perceive change in behavior.
• Prefer licensed social worker or licensed clinical social worker from the Department of Financial and Professional Regulations.
1. Requires a master’s degree in social work from a recognized college or university supplemented by one year of professional social work experience in the evaluation and treatment/habilitation of mentally ill, developmentally disabled, or other disabled patients.
2. Prefers licensure as a Social Worker by the Department of Professional Regulations.