401 S Clinton St Chicago IL 60607
Agency: Department of Human Services
Closing Date: N/A
Posting ID #: N/A
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $5,326 – $7,964 per month; Monday – Friday
Work Hours: 8:00AM – 4:30PM with at least one late shift per week
Work Location: Mabley Developmental Center; 1120 Washington Ave Dixon, IL 61021-1258
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
To apply, please send your resume to Zhuya.email@example.com.
Under direction of the Clinical Services Director, serves as a professional Social Worker. Serves as the transition coordinator for the center and oversees admission, discharge and transitional services; chairs committees; performs complex social work services for individuals on a facility-wide basis; serves as designated lead worker to lower level staff; serves as the professional social work resource member of the Interdisciplinary (ID) Teams; co chairs the Center’s Professional Staff Team; serves as the primary team liaison with other disciplines, guardians, residential unit staff, family and community agencies in individual admission and community placement
1. Serves as a professional Social Worker.
2. Serves as the primary team liaison with other disciplines, guardians, residential unit staff, family and community agencies in individual admission and community placement processes.
3. Serves as designated lead worker to lower level staff.
4. Performs complex social work services for individuals on a facility-wide basis.
5. Serves as liaison with the Center’s Utilization Review Committee (URC).
6. Co-chairs the Center’s Professional Staff Team, leading the team to conclusion and decision-making for individual habilitation and treatment issues.
7. Receives training to gain and/or maintain skills for care and habilitation of individuals and to remain knowledgeable of accrediting agency standards and new concepts in clinical and health issues.
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires a master’s degree in social work from a recognized college or university supplemented by two years of professional social work experience in the evaluation and treatment/habilitation of intellectually and developmentally disabled, or other disabled individuals.
2. Requires licensure as a Social Worker by the Department of Professional Regulation.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
2. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
3. Requires ability to pass a drug screen. On January 1, 2020, the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act made it legal for residents over the age of 21 to produce, consume and sell cannabis in Illinois. Please note that although the law has changed, the Department will continue to enforce the Department’s zero tolerance Drug Testing policy. The use of unauthorized drugs, including cannabis, by an employee, regardless of the position held is prohibited.