Lake Forest, IL
Lake Forest, IL
Our Licensed (LCSW or LCPC – State of IL) Mental Health Professional is a civilian position providing clinical assistance to the Police Department and the residents of the City of Lake Forest. Partner with the Police Chief, Investigations Commander and Officers in a variety of ways.
See the positive impact daily on community members and our team of dedicated police officers and work with a group of officers who take pride in their community and value the partnership with our social worker.
Every day is different, but some key duties include:
- Providing Short term crisis intervention and counseling in emergency situations, such as, but not limited to: domestic violence, child abuse, sexual abuse, suicide, serious or fatal accidents, other cases involving emotional trauma, and assistance with hospitalizing individuals in a mental health crisis
- Independently follows up on referrals from police officers, local schools, hospitals, and the general public and serves as a consultant to police officers regarding management of cases.
- Assists police in the field with death notifications, critical incident stress management debriefing services, and emergency social service assistance
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Working primarily Monday-Friday 9-5
- Ability to work flexible hours. Night and weekend hours occasionally required.
- LCSW or LCPC (State of IL) required
- 5+ years experience or equivalent education & experience
- Experience providing crisis intervention & mental health services to individuals and families
- Valid driver’s license
- Retirement pension (IMRF) – best funded state-wide retirement plan
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Premiums $6/$72 biweekly (single/family)
- City funded HRA account
- 34 PTO days annually (Vacation/Personal/Sick/Holidays)
- Paid training and continuing education (CEU) programs
- $69,222.00 – $94,625.00 Annually