School of Social Work: Award for Excellence in Public Engagement
This award recognizes those who engage the public to address critical societal issues. The contribution may be conducted as an employee of the School of Social Work or as an extracurricular activity. The prize consists of a $500 award and a personalized framed certificate. The award will be processed by payroll, and will be adjusted up to account for estimated taxes.
- Current School of Social Work (SSW) faculty (tenure-track, specialized, and field), academic professionals, civil service staff, and adjunct employees may be nominated.
- The nominee must have worked in the School of Social Work for at least two years before the nomination deadline.
- The nominee has not won this award in the previous 5 years.
The nomination should demonstrate:
- Evidence of significant impact on the general public, addressing critical societal issues through teaching, research, instruction or administration.
- Description of the specific public groups impacted by the nominee’s efforts.
- Detailed examples of the impact of these efforts.
A nomination may be submitted by any member of the School of Social Work community. Nomination packets must include the following and should be formatted in 12 point Times New Roman or equivalent font; single-spaced; and with 1 inch margins. You will submit this information, along with a cover page, online at the link below (under “Submission”).
- A nomination letter addressing the Evaluation Criteria described above. The nomination letter should indicate why and how the nominee has had an exceptional impact on the public (not to exceed 3 pages).
- Two letters of support, at least one of which should be from someone directly connected to the public impact (not to exceed 2 pages each).
Complete nomination packets are uploaded online HERE by midnight, April 16, 2019. Nominations will be reviewed by the School of Social Work Awards Committee, with final determination made by the Dean. Awards will be presented at a year-end event.
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org