Testing BSW Form
Please register to begin your BSW Application.
Already have an account? Log in to continue your application.
In addition to your personal information (name, address, etc), you will need to provide:
Social service experience
In order to be considered for admission, students must successfully complete 50 hours of volunteer or paid experience in a social service setting. You will need to provide contact information for each agency or organization.
The Admissions Committee needs to understand as fully as possible the various circumstances in your experience and education that have relevance for your plan for social work education. You need to provide a personal statement that addresses the questions below. This statement will be evaluated by the quality and the content of the writing.
- The Personal Statement should be no more than 3 double-spaced pages.
- The Personal Statement will be evaluated on its content as well as its quality.
- You can either upload a PDF file of your Personal Statement OR copy/paste or type your Personal Statement into the online form.
Personal Statement Questions:
- Discuss your reasons for wanting to major in social work.
- Discuss a social problem that is of interest to you.
- Discuss your volunteer experience(s) related to social work.
- How have they helped you to affirm your interest in social work?
- Why did you choose to volunteer there?
- What was your role?
- What did you learn from the experience?
- Any challenges?
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 244-5246.