Fast App: BSW > MSW
A simplified application process for University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign BSW/iBSW students to apply to the iMSW/MSW program with the bonus of a reimbursed application fee.
What you need to know
What is the fast app?
A simplified application process (only for University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign BSW/iBSW students):
- Complete an abbreviated application form
- No letters of recommendation, personal statements, transcripts, GRE scores needed
- The School of Social Work will recommend admission to Graduate College, which issues the final determination
- If you decide to complete your master’s at the School of Social Work, we will reimburse your application fee
You can use the fast app to apply to the MSW/iMSW program if you:
- Achieved at least a B- in required SOCW courses
- Hold a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have no significant disciplinary reports
Admission contingent upon:
- Successful completion of BSW degree
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 upon graduation
What is the process for the fast app?
Students eligible for the fast-track option should complete the “Social Work First Stage Application” (pre-app) process in the Fall term just before they graduate in May or August.
- Pre-application requires students to complete some personal information and upload a current resume
- The deadline to submit the pre-application is September 29
Once the initial pre-application is submitted, students will receive a notification regarding their eligibility to finalize the condensed application.
- Final application submission deadline for eligible students is November 1
Students not eligible for the fast-track application may still complete the conventional iMSW/MSW application.