Fast App: BSW > MSW
A simplified application process for University of Illinois BSW students to apply to the iMSW/MSW program with the bonus of a reimbursed application fee.
What is the fast app?
A simplified application process (only for Illinois BSW students):
- Complete an abbreviated application form
- No letters of recommendation, personal statements, transcripts, GRE scores needed
- The School of Social Work will recommend admission to Graduate College, which issues the final determination
- If you decide to complete your master’s at the School of Social Work, we will reimburse your application fee
You can use the fast app to apply to the MSW/iMSW program if you:
- Achieved at least a B- in required SOCW courses
- Hold a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have no significant disciplinary reports
Admission contingent upon:
- Successful completion of BSW degree
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 upon graduation
- Students interested in the fast track option should complete the “Social Work First Stage Application” (pre-app) during the semester they are enrolled in SOCW 402
- Upload current resume
- Pre-application will then be routed to the “fast” application OR “full” application
- Students will want to complete the MSW application by October 15th
Advanced Standing MSW Program
Our BSW graduates can now seamlessly transition into our one-year advanced standing MSW program.
- Advanced standing MSW programs are for students who obtained a BSW from a CSWE-accredited undergraduate program within the past 7 years
- The traditional MSW program consists of 2 years’ full-time study
- Advanced Standing MSW students need fewer credit hours, which translates into significant cost-savings