Local and national collaboration
At the School of Social Work, we take immense pride in our commitment to community engagement and our position as a leader not only on the University of Illinois campus but across the nation. Our mission is to empower our students, faculty, and alumni to make meaningful and lasting contributions to the communities they serve. Here’s a closer look at some of our efforts:
- Field Internship Placements: Our students are the future leaders of social work, and we ensure they receive hands-on experience through our field internship placements. We collaborate with hundreds of community agency partners, allowing our students to gain invaluable insights and skills while making a real impact on the ground. These internships are not just about learning but also about actively contributing to the betterment of society.
- Community Learning Lab: One of the unique aspects of our School of Social Work is our Community Learning Lab. This innovative lab serves as a bridge between the classroom and the community, providing a platform for students and faculty to engage in service-learning activities. Ideas are transformed into action, fostering collaboration, creativity, and positive change.
- Community-Based Research Studies: Research is at the heart of what we do. We are proud to conduct numerous community-based research studies that tackle some of the most pressing social issues. These studies not only generate valuable knowledge but also drive evidence-based solutions that make a difference in the lives of individuals and communities.
- Training Projects with State Agencies: Our School is at the forefront of training initiatives with state agencies, particularly in the fields of child welfare and mental health. These projects are among the most extensive nationally, highlighting our commitment to addressing critical issues and shaping policy and practice at the state and national levels.
- Continuing Education Opportunities: Education is a lifelong journey, and we are dedicated to providing innovative Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and training opportunities to our alumni and community members. Whether you’re a recent graduate or a seasoned professional, our programs are designed to keep you at the forefront of social work practice.
The School of Social Work at the University of Illinois is not just an institution of learning but a hub of community engagement and impact. We are driven by the belief that social work has the power to transform lives and communities, and we are dedicated to fostering the knowledge, skills, and passion needed to make that transformation a reality.