Community Engagement Advisory Board
The School of Social Work Community Engagement Advisory Board (CEAB) is a volunteer group of alumni and community members who serve as advocates and ambassadors for the SSW. Recently reformulated in conjunction with our strategic planning and 75th Anniversary, the Community Engagement Advisory Board includes 15-20 community members and School of Social Work alumni from across Illinois.
Board functions include:
- Providing advice to the School and its leadership on critical and emerging social service issues, as well as workforce development and related educational needs.
- Serving as ambassadors by promoting the opportunities in and accomplishments of the School to diverse audiences.
- Fostering new relationships between the School and community partners.
- Promoting connections and networking among SSW alums and with community members.
- Planning events and continuing education programs for alumni and students
- Serving as mentors or advisors to recent graduates and current students.