Research Interview: Birthparents of a Black child(ren) in care of DCFS in Central IL
Share your experiences and help improve the care of Black children.
- Black birthparents of at least one child (currently or formerly) in care of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IDCFS)
- Child or children are age 5-17
- Child or children are Black or multi-race including Black
- Birthparents have had visits with child(ren) within the past 3 months (if children still in foster care), OR
- Have been reunified with children in the past 12 months.
- Confidential interview about an hour to 90 minutes (in-person local to your residence/community or video conference call)
- $60 electronic gift code from Amazon.com (faster and more secure option) OR $60 Walmart gift card for interview participation (One $60 incentive per household.)
- Interviews are recorded and transcripts remove any identifying information to keep your information confidential.
About the study team
The study team has former foster parents, community members, people specializing in foster care, and researchers from local universities. We collaborate with DCFS, but we are not employed by DCFS or any foster care agency.
Questions about the study?
Contact: Dr. Robin LaSota
Director, Office of Translational Research
DCFS Office of Research and Child Well-being
Champaign, IL 61820
Office Phone: (217) 300-7559
Alternate phone: (312) 350-3208