Avicenna Community Health Center Case Manager
Avicenna Community Health Center
201 W Kenyon RD Champaign, IL 61820
Avicenna Community Health Center (ACHC) is a health clinic that provides free health care for the uninsured and under-insured populations in Champaign-Urbana. Avicenna is looking for social work masters students interested in clinical social work to serve as a resource for our student case management team. This team connects patients with community organizations and agencies that provide free or low-cost services to meet the continuing needs of Avicenna’s patients. We are looking for someone who will provide mentorship to student leadership in expanding the Avicenna Case Management team and to better meet the needs of the Champaign-Urbana community.
- Aid student volunteers in identification of patient needs and the ability to initiate formalized referrals for specialized services, such as drug and alcohol treatment, mental health services, legal services, food security, financial and employment counseling, and housing support.
- Revise current social history assessment protocols
- Works closely with providers and volunteers to identify resources and provide referral options for patients, and organize the resources in an accessible format for volunteers to use.
- Guide student volunteers in networking and coordinating with other community resources and agencies, usually requiring follow up by phone or email.
- Aid student volunteers in tracking the number of patients seen by the case management team, types of services requested, and any referrals made.
- When available, represent ACHC at various community networking meetings
- Available Sundays 1-4PM to be present for consultation during clinic hours
- 6-8 hours of work on weekdays to coordinate with community resources or mentor the undergraduate student team
- Enrolled in Master of Social Work or Graduated from Masters of Social Work Program
- Prior experience in clinical social work
$25/hr for part-time hours, anticipated average 10hr/week.
To learn more about Avicenna, see our website: https://www.avicennahealth.org/
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.