Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Provides case management and supportive services to clients and/or their families in order to promote self-sufficiency;
2. Responsible for developing, monitoring, and evaluating client progress;
3. Advocates for clients with regard to financial, state/federal benefits, housing, education, child care, skill testing and development programs, job training, job referral and/or treatment programs;
4. Completes psycho-social and other assessments in client homes, Agency properties, or other locations accessible to the client, including but not limited to: individual interviews, collateral conferences, evaluation of client needs and abilities and following-up, when necessary;
5. Maintains up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations;
6. Develops and facilitates scheduled monthly support group meetings, establishes services plans and intervenes, when necessary, using a variety of professional approaches;
7. Responsible for maintaining routine and ad-hoc reports;
8. Knows and complies with the laws and regulations relevant to the position and services;
9. Participates in community outreach efforts;
10. Meets with each client as required by the program or based on client needs.
PLEASE NOTE:* Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
Push and pull objects up to 25 pounds.
Climb up and down up to 6 flights of stairs at a time.
Lift up to 25 pounds.
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to:
Background check, including any program specific requirements
Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Additional Requirements: May be required to occasionally work evenings, weekends, or special events, as needed.
Immediate Supervisor: Program Director
Directly Supervises: N/A
Indirectly Supervises: N/A
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum: Master’s Degree in social services
Preferred: 3+ years of related experience
Minimum: 1-2 years of related experience