Skip to content

Professional Educator License (PEL) Certification Application

The State of Illinois requires school social workers to hold a PEL with an enorsement in school social work in order to practice in a public school setting. Please provide the following information to apply to the Post-MSW PEL School Social Work Certification Program. Note: Meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • First, Middle, Last
  • Please include the Academic Institution, Dates, and Degree/Programs of Study
  • 1. How long have you been practicing social work? Please describe your experience.
  • 2. Share what experiences have contributed to your interest in school social work. What has led you to seek your IL Professional Educator License (PEL) in School Social Work?
  • 3. Describe any experience you have gained in a school setting.
  • Please upload the following files here: Resume and 3 letters of recommendation. If you've never been a graduate student of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, you must also send us your official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Mail directly to the School.
    Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 32 MB.
    Cookie Settings